WHO WE ARE

Saint Luke's Lutheran Church, established in 1955, has been a longstanding house of worship and pillar of community service in Washington Township and beyond.


What began as a small group of local founders worshipping in a garage by kerosene lamp-light has blossomed into a church with a myriad of programs, services, and outreaches - offering more than 90 opportunities a year for communion.


The Sunday School curriculum is appropriate for a vast range of ages - nurturing young minds and shaping future community leaders; adult Bible studies allow for meaningful connection and conversation; the hallowed halls and sanctuary are accessible for both private prayer and public organizations; the loyal congregation is service-oriented and devoted to community outreach, providing the hungry with physical and spiritual nourishment, restoring homes and hearts for those in need, and distributing supplies to local families and children; this is the wonderfully blessed and busy life of St. Luke's Lutheran Church.

A caring and generous congregation

St. Luke's responded generously to the Bishop's Challenge to collect at least $500 for ELCA World Hunger in one year; $500 is the amount needed to purchase one cow (although we share the money trusting it will be used as most needed in a particular community).  The response was overwhelming with over $4500 contributed through this congregation!  Across the New Jersey Synod, 130 ELCA congregations participated in the Challenge, raising $360,000 in one year.  And we have not stopped!  St. Luke's continues to fight hunger, both locally and globally!  We are still collecting food for our local food pantry each week and financial donations for ELCA World Hunger.