SEVERE WEATHER PLAN
In the event of severe weather, our ability to gather for worship may be hindered. While we hope it won’t happen often, the council has made the following plans. When there are snowstorms, or hurricanes, or other extreme weather issues please follow these guidelines for safety:
* Be safe! Please listen to any advisories or warnings to stay off the roads.
* Check the church answering machine for updates. The Pastor will usually change the machine that morning by 7:00 a.m. with updates as to the safety of the church parking lot and building.
* Check www.wfmz.com or Channel 69 for posted church worship closings.
* Check www.facebook.com/StlukeslutheranChurchwashington for posted church closings. * Check St. Luke's Lutheran Church Washington website at www.stlukeswashington.com for emergency updates.
* Sunday School teachers will plan to make phone calls to their students if we need to cancel Sunday School for safety reasons.
* If you cannot access any of the above notices, please call a council member for assistance (their numbers are listed in the monthly newsletters).
* If you are scheduled as one of our worship leaders that morning and you cannot safely make it to church, please leave a message on the church answering machine so we know you are home safe and we will prepare for worship with anyone who can arrive safely!